Stair Lift Measuring
For your convenience, you may wish to print out the chart to the right and record your measurements on it as indicated. Please measure and record all indicated distances in inches. If you have difficulty completing these measurements on your own, please don't hesitate to call our experts at 1 (800) 225-9309 for assistance.
1. First, measure the total length of your stair case. Place the end of your tape measure on the edge of the topmost landing step and pull it out until it reaches the bottom landing, being careful that the tape doesn't droop in order to get an accurate measurement.
2. Next, measure from the edge of the topmost landing step to the top edge of the bottom step as depicted.
3. Now, measure the width of your staircase as shown. Only measure the usable width - don't extend the tape out past side railings, for example.
4. Next, measure from the front end of the bottommost step to the wall, door, or other obstruction opposite the landing as shown.
5. Measure the height of a single step from its bottom base to its top edge as shown.
6. Measure the length of a single step from its outer edge to the inside edge as shown.
7. Measure from the edge of one step to the edge of another step above it, making sure that there is as little slack as possible in the tape.
8. Finally, measure from the edge of the topmost step to the wall, door or other obstruction opposite the top of the stairway.